Cannabidiol, also known as CBD oil, has achieved significant popularity across the world. The popularity stems from the fact that it comes as a natural pain reliever and an alternative to medical drugs. Continued use of pharmaceutical drugs by patients has an underlying risk of inevitable body organ failure. This has prompted the move to CBD oil as it is perceived to carry low or no risk at all.
Breaking Down CBD or Cannabidiol
CBD is among more than one hundred chemical compounds that are found in the cannabis plant. CBD is a cannabinoid that is extracted from a hemp plant, a cannabis Sativa substrain. Cannabidiol is an active ingredient that has therapeutic benefits that have popularized the product.
What is CBD Oil and CBD Tinctures?
CBD oil is an extract of the cannabis plant. The extract is non-psychoactive and is legalized in most states of the US. It is a natural product devoid of any non-organic additives. CBD oil was discovered in 1940 and is now familiar in the medical field. Researchers have spent a significant amount of time and money on it with one thing clear; its advantages outweigh the disadvantages. CBD oil benefits are mainly associated with pain relief.
CBD tinctures, on the other hand, are dietary supplements that come in liquid form. Cannabidiol content in CBD tinctures is very potent. Tinctures are made by steeping hemp flowers rich in CBD in high proof grain alcohol. The product is then cooked over low heat for a few hours. In the absence of alcohol, glycerin, or vinegar can be used. However, alcohol has proved to produce the best tincture. The final product of the CBD tincture has lower levels of THC, usually less than 0.3%. A CBD tincture is, therefore, not psychoactive, you can’t get high on it.
The presence of THC in CBD oil and Why You should Care
Tetrahydrocannabinol, or simply referred to as THC, is a psychoactive compound. It stimulates the release of dopamine and activates cannabinoid receptors. This alters brain functionality in several ways and induces a sense of euphoria. You become high at this instance.
You should care about the presence of THC in CBD oil for several reasons. First, CBD oils with THC presence are psychoactive, which makes you high unknowingly. This can lead to undesired behavior and a lack of proper coordination of body functions. The brain becomes impaired due to intoxication. Secondly, when you are subjected to a drug test, the active component in marijuana that gets detected when you are positively screened is THC.
You may get the false impression that CBD oil is THC free, far from it. The presence of THC in CBD oil for sale or lack of it depends on the source of cannabis used to make it. Some cannabis contains significant traces of THC. Full-spectrum tinctures and low-quality isolates have been no exception to this. As a user of CBD oil, you should care about the presence of THC in the product; it will make you high and cause you to fail a drug test. This should influence how you buy CBD oil by exercising caution on THC levels
Health benefits and Side effects come with CBD oil
Studies and accounts of users have highlighted health benefits attributed to the consumption of CDB oil. This has pushed manufacturers to compete in producing the best CBD oil. Such benefits include:
- CBD oil for pain provides relief from chronic pain and inflammation. CBD oil has anti-inflammatory characteristics that help to alleviate pain.
- Cannabidiol improves your appetite and reduces feelings of nausea.
- CBD oil is also linked to boosting the immune system hence less susceptible to illnesses.
- It helps to manage anxiety and stress due to its calming effects.
- With its neuroprotective characteristics, CBD oil is effective in preventing conditions that are neurodegenerative like Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis
- CBD oil has undergone clinical trials that have shown it is effective in reducing the severity and frequency of seizure.
- CBD oil helps to deal with the sleep disorder.
CBD oil comes with its share of side effects emanating from studies and personal accounts.CBD oil side effects include the following:
- Changes in appetite and weight. CBD oil has been found to induce hunger in people. These influences change in eating habits hence change in weight.
- Diarrhea has been reported in individuals using CBD oil with high concentration or high doses.
- Dry mouth is among CBD oil effects. It interferes with saliva production, leaving you with a feeling of thirst and discomfort.
- Dizziness and tiredness are side effects associated with the consumption of CBD oil.
- Low blood pressure is a consequence of using CBD oil
- Sudden mood changes, especially in instances of excessive consumption.
Legally Surrounding CBD oil products (CBD oil for pets, CBD Vape Oil)
CBD oil products are legal in many states in the US. This is given that they are derived from hemp oil. The legality of CBD was established during the 2014 Farm Bill. This paves the way for the cultivation of industrial hemp.
Additionally, studies being conducted to determine the effect of CBD oil are extensively being done on animals. There are CBD oils for dogs where pet owners are free to use them for the benefit of dogs.
Where Can you buy CBD oil (through manufacturer Website)?
Most manufacturers of CBD oil sell them online on their websites. The products are listed on the website with vivid descriptions of ingredients, price, cost, and other purchase details. Selling them online also allows consumers to ask questions they have on the product via a chat function. Selling them online also enables you to enjoy any promotions that are running on the product of choice. This saves you some bucks. CBD oil can also be bought from Amazon.
CBD oil has not only gained popularity across the world but revolutionized beauty and therapy. Consumers are now awash with information regarding CBD oil. Online user reviews are helpful for first-time buyers. With continued research, manufacturers are now coming up with the best CBD oil to suit the varying needs of people.